Opinionated Infrastructure video series: Panelist chat on apps, ecosystems, and user experience
On January 23, 2013 at 1:00 pm Eastern time (6 pm UK time), Redmonk analyst James Governor will lead an expert panel of guests to discuss the importance of apps, ecosystems, and end user experience in today’s IT world. This video chat continues a video series on the subject of “opinionated infrastructure.” See James’ recent vlogs on these topics in the videos below.
The types of questions the panel will discuss:
- How do you build an ecosystem?
- How do you manage the tension between openness and quality? Between application and platform?
- How do you ensure partners are happy?
- What is the optimal revenue share in a partner ecosystem?
- What is the value of the distribution of the app? Who has the best deal?
- How do you genuinely do “co-opetiton”?
- What are your experiences with app stores? Especially as they evolved from catalogs and the like?
- What are IBM’s plans for an appstore?