in official documentation you can find that each component are supported on W2k12, but you must pay attention regarding DB2 and TDI .
About DB2 you must use DB2 10.1 fix 4 or later
but is better if you install on W2K12 R2, in other case without R2 you must apply a silent installation.
About TDI, is very strange because in official documentation of Connections it's declare supported on W2k12 but if you try to run installer you received following error:
and if you check in TDI offical documentation you can verify that its not supported :-(
in order to solve this problem, you must run it in Compatibility Mode as Windows 7
you have some way to apply this Compatibility, following:
1. using GUI ineterface:
- Right Click on the TDI installer file and select Properties from the Context menu. For eg: Click on <ISO_Image>\windows_x86_64\ install_tdiv711_win_x86_64.exe and select Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Under the Compatibility mode section, set the the check box to true for " Run this program in compatibility mode for "
- Under the drop down select Windows 7 .
- Click on OK to apply the compatibility mode.
- Now run the installer and proceed normally.
2. via Windows Registry
reg.exe Add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\
AppCompatFlags\Layers" /v "<your full path to exec file>"
- set __COMPAT_LAYER=WIN7RTM
- and run your installer from the same command windows